Deluge torrent is one of the most commonly used free multi-platform torrent clients. One of its unique features, compared to Transmission or qBittorrent, is the ability to connect to remote Deluge daemons. This post introduces Deluge Torrent 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9, 1.3.10, 1.3.11 updates.
Table of Contents
- What's New in Deluge Torrent 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9, 1.3.10 and 1.3.11 updates?
- Installation and Configuration Instructions
- Upgrade Instructions
What's New in Deluge Torrent 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9, 1.3.10 and 1.3.11 updates?
Since our last publication, covering the 1.3.6 release, Deluge Torrent introduced a few releases with numerous bug fixes, updates, and changes to almost every aspect of the software. The Core, GUI, and the WebUI are some of the components that have received a great deal of improvement.
Deluge Torrent 1.3.11 comes with following fixes:
- Fixed ImportError? for users with Twisted < 10
- #2698: Fixed column issue when disabling a plugin
- Fixed cache issue with libtorrent 0.16 on Windows
- #2555: Disabled use of SSLv3 protocol for DelugeRPC
- Modify SSL Context to allow >= TLSv1 protocol
- #2588: Fixed Size column to show total_wanted instead of total_size
Deluge 1.3.10 addressed the following:
- #2256: Indexes are not updated correctly when removing column
- Fix bug in the torrentview when Plugins added a column
- Security update for POODLE vulnerability
Deluge 1.3.9 addressed just one issue:
- #2514: Fix every torrent is displayed twice in classic mode
Deluge 1.3.8 came with the following changes:
- #1126 & #2322: Emit FinishedEvent? after moving storage complete
- Fixes to mitigate fastresume corruption
- #2335: Fix application startup failing with 'cannot acquire lock' error
- #2497: Fix the Queued Torrents 'Clear' button not properly clearing the list of torrent
- #2496: Fix updating core_config before setting default options
- #2493: Fix TypeError? if active workspace is None
- LP:#1168858: Nautilus window opens behind current window
- Fix showing the open_folder menuitem
- Suppress unimportant gnome warnings
- Optimized the updating of the torrent view
- Fixed Indicator icon label issue
- Fix listview error with new config
- Ensure values are updated from config upon showing a plugin page
- Add WebUI plugin page
- Find 7-zip application path on Windows via registry
- #1290: Add a TorrentRemoved? event option
- #1310: Add WebUI plugin page
- #2478: Add WebUI plugin page
- #2470: Fix console parsing args
Deluge 1.3.7 addressed the following:
- #2324: Encryption level set by Deluge did not match libtorrent values
- #2303: Torrent state was not updated until after emitting TorrentFinishedEvent?
- Fix twisted 13.1 compatability
- #2343: Fix error if listen interface is whitespace
- #2082: Validate ip address for listen_interface entry
- #1490: Increase the Alertmanager interval to 0.3s
- Prevent private flagged torrents auto-merging trackers
- Fix issue with Plugins that add Tab to torrentdetails
- Fix the scalable icon install directory
- #2335: Fix IPC lockfile issue preventing start of deluge-gtk
- #2365: Fix hiding Progress column generating TypeError?
- #2371: Add StartupWMClass to desktop file
- #2372: Fix the Ratio column not retaining position
- #2369: Fix bypassing the password dialog when showing/quitting
- #2374: Fix right-click selection issue
- #2310: Fix unicode password support
- #2418: Fix WebUI error when adding non-ascii torrent
- Allow silent uninstall for Windows package
- #2367: Fix DelugeStart? theme not showing Private Flag as ticked/checked
- #2315: Potential fix for lost window issue
- #2290: Fix dotted filenames being rejected
The complete changelog for the Deluge Torrent 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9, 1.3.10, 1.3.11 and other releases can be found here.
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
Installation and Configuration Instructions
Looking for an automated solution? Try our AtoMiC ToolKit, which makes installation and management of Home Server software such as SickBeard, CouchPotato, Torrent clients, etc. easy.
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deluge-team/ppa
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, just download the latest .exe from here and install it as you would setup any program on Windows.