On February 29th, 2016 Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) announced its new OpenElec 6.0.3 Release. OpenELEC is a Linux distribution designed for home theater PCs and based on the Kodi media player.
What’s New in OpenELEC 6.0.3 Release?
This new OpenELEC 6.0.3 contains some improvements as a maintenance version, as well as some features backtracked from the upcoming OpenELEC 7.0 release. In particular, there were some CEC and DVB drivers fixes for WeTek and OpenELEC box, as well as some fixes for NOOBS (RPi) and some language tweaks. OpenELEC 6.0.2 released almost at the same time (in fact, they share the official announcement) and the changes are similar to OpenELEC 6.0.3 upgrade.
As OpenELEC 6.0.3 release contains a major Kodi version bump if you’re upgrading from OpenELEC 5.0, it is suggested that you perform a full backup before manually doing the OpenELEC 6.0.3 upgrade. If you experience issues, it is advisable to perform a soft reset, to clear OpenELEC and Kodi settings.
Main fixes in OpenELEC 6.0.3 Release
- full RaspberryPi 3 support including onboard WLAN and Bluetooth
- fixes to our settings addon, including fixes for backup/restore
- add more USB-WLAN drivers to WeTek Play and WeTek OpenELEC box builds
- Add a new experimental Amlogic CEC driver for WeTek Play and WeTek OpenELEC box.
- Added primary for testing and reporting issues.
- Nvidia graphic driver updates
- updated RPi 1/2/3 firmwares and graphic drivers
- more WLAN firmwares to support more chipsets
- Patch for glibc’s DNS exploit CVE-2015-7547
- latest LTS 4.1 kernel (except iMX6 and Amlogic builds)
- add entropy package to speedup start of WLAN drivers
- add support for AVerTV Volar HD 2
|Build a Low-Cost Raspberry Pi Media Center ~$75||Price|
|Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Starter Kit with case, power adapter, and heat sinks||~$55.00|
|Sandisk Ultra 16GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Card 98 MB/s||~$7.50|
|SANOXY Wireless USB PC Remote Control Mouse for PC||~$8.00|
Upgrade to To OpenELEC 6.0.3 Release
Users of OpenELEC 5.95.1 through 6.0.1 with auto-update enabled will receive an onscreen prompt to reboot and apply the update, once it has been automatically downloaded to their system. For older versions of OpenELEC, or for newer versions with auto-update disabled, it will be necessary to update manually. You can find the full OpenELEC 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 release announcement on the OpenELEC website.
Get 20% OFF with IPVanish VPN:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now