phpMyAdmin is an awesome web-based database management tool. Learning phpMyAdmin can come in very handy for bloggers and web-developers. This post introduces the recently released phpMyAdmin 4.0.3 update.
What's New in phpMyAdmin 4.0.3
phpMyAdmin 4.0.3 is primarily a bugfix release containing the following fixes to improve operation:
- bug #3941 Recent tables list always empty
- bug #3933 Do not translate "Open Document" in export settings
- bug #3927 List of tables is missing after expanding in the navigation frame
- bug #3942 Warnings about reserved word for many non reserved words
- bug #3912 Exporting row selection, resulted by ORDER BY query
- bug #3957 Cookies must be enabled past this point
- bug #3956 "Browse foreign values" search filter / page selector not working
- bug #3579 NOW() function incorrectly selected (partial regression)
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.0.3 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
That's it. Enjoy administering your databases using phpMyAdmin's web interface.