On May 2, 2016 phpMyAdmin introduced the phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 release.
phpMyAdmin is designed to perform a wide range of operations on MySQL over the web. It offers the user friendly web interface, support for most MySQL features, management of MySQL users and privileges, management of stored procedures and triggers, import and export of data from various sources, administration of multiple servers and much more.
What’s New in phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 Release
Since our last publication, covering the 4.6.0 release, phpMyAdmin introduced changes as part of a regular release consisting mostly of bug fixes.
A few highlights about this release: The problems with SQL syntax warnings from the linter/parser have been fixed. An error about “PMA_Util” not found has been addressed. The handling of JSON columns has been improved and provides better functionality now. The quoting with the SQL parser has been fixed; this was particularly adverse to SQL imports and exports.
The phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 version attends the following issues:
- – issue #12120 PMA_Util not found in insert_edit.lib.php
- – issue #12118 Fixed activation of some languages
- – issue #12121 Fixed error in 3NF step of normalization
- – issue #12135 Fix offering JSON datatype in incompatible MySQL versions
- – issue #12132 Can not open table with JSON field
- – issue #12125 Cannot highlight a column if I scroll down from the top of the table
- – issue #12154 Fixed possible PHP error in SQL parser
- – issue #12029 Fixed SQL quoting in SQL export
- – issue #12129 Improve performance of database structure page
- – issue #12159 Fix PHP error if user did unpack new version over old one
- – issue #12165 Fix parsing of expression 0
- – issue #12146 Document setup with Google Cloud SQL
- – issue #12197 Fix parsing of queries with double \
- – issue #12202 Fixed setting of language from user configuration
- – issue #12200 Fixed check for ndb version
- – issue #12206 Fixed loading of configuration file
- – issue #12204 Check if sessions are working and report failures
- – issue #12211 non-clickable initial letter for users / and can’t modify users with MySQL 5.7.12
- – issue #12215 Fixed config tab persistence errors
- – issue #12144 Fixed parsing of some AS clauses
- – issue #12205 Fixed parsing of FULL OUTER JOIN queries
- – issue #12171 Fixed editing of VIEW structure
- – issue #12208 Avoid printing executed queries on import
The complete changelog for the phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 and other releases can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Complete instructions can be found in the phpMyAdmin Documentation.
Please contact phpMyAdmin Support to address any installation or upgrade issues to the phpMyAdmin 4.6.1 version.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive 20% Off - only $5.19/month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now