qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. It’s specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission for the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces qBittorrent 3.3.6 update, released on July 20th, 2016.
What’s New in qBittorrent 3.3.6?
Since our last publication, covering the 3.3.5 release, qBittorrent introduced a release with minor fixes.
qBittorrent 3.3.6 release comes with following features and fixes:
- BUGFIX: Do not create save folder in advance (glassez)
- BUGFIX: Fix upper-bound limit of command line for “Run External Program” in Windows. Closes #5399. (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Invoke system’s cmd.exe directly. (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Workaround space issues in file path for running external program on Windows. (Chocobo1)
- BUGFIX: Fix icons are missing when using RTL languages in Options dialog. Closes #5398. (Chocobo1)
The complete changelog for the qBittorrent 3.3.6 and other releases can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
Alternatively, you may use our AtoMiC ToolKit to make qBittorrent installation and maintenance easier:
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, you can install qBittorrent v3.3.6 by running the latest
.exe from here and overwriting the existing installation.