qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. Its specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission, is the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces the recently released qBittorrent v3.1.3 update.
Enjoy unlimited streaming of Movies and TV Shows on several devices, free 2-day shipping on orders, and free Kindle books for only $6.60 per month. Sign-up now to get a free 1-month trial.
What's New in qBittorrent v3.1.3
qBittorrent v3.1.3 brings several major fixes and improvement. Listed below are the changes in this version:
- FEATURE: Add a key shortcut to “Add link to torrent…” (Angel Alonso)
- BUGFIX: Make all columns and headers use the same text alignment in the transferlist. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix build system for Unix/Linux. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Case insensitive sort in Peers list. Closes #1066. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Small optimization of WebUI responses when there isn't a data payload. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Hide empty folders after filtering. Closes #74. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Expand folders when filtering files. Closes #1076. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Updated search plugin's URL (wowzaman12)
- BUGFIX: Strip some png to fix incorrect sRGB profiles. (Angel Alonso)
- BUGFIX: Fixed font issues on OSX Mavericks (wowzaman12)
- BUGFIX: Improve text in the About dialog (Artem S. Tashkinov)
- BUGFIX: Always show a peer IP address as a tool tip (Artem S. Tashkinov)
- BUGFIX: Fix inhibit system functionality. Closes #766. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: WebUI: Don't gzip too small payloads. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Correctly detect if the browser supports gzip compression. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix WebUI link to ‘Anonymous mode' explanation. Closes #1093. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Correctly update tracker tier number in the trackers tab. Closes #1075. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Speed improvements.(sledgehammer999)
- OTHER: Updated translations.
Release announcement is available here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, you can install qBittorrent v3.1.3 by running the latest .exe from here and overwriting the existing installation.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive Offer - only $3.99 per month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ 250 GB of SugarSync Secure storage included
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now