qBittorrent is a lightweight bittorrent client for Linux and other platforms. Its specialty compared to Deluge or Transmission, is the ease of installation and configuration. This post introduces the recently released qBittorrent v3.1.4 update.
Enjoy unlimited streaming of Movies and TV Shows on several devices, free 2-day shipping on orders, and free Kindle books for only $6.60 per month. Sign-up now to get a free 1-month trial.
What’s New in qBittorrent v3.1.4
qBittorrent v3.1.4 brings many fixes and improvements. Listed below are the changes in this version:
- FEATURE: Statistics dialog (Gelmir)
- FEATURE: Tooltips explaining each peer’s connection flags (sledgehammer999)
- FEATURE: Win/Mac Check for program updates every 15min and allow the user to manually check for updates through the help menu. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Better dialog message for torrent delete confirmation (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Fix resizing grip location. Closes #1146. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Lock toolbar in place. Closes #1144. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Second attempt at fixing saving settings on shutdown. (sledgehammer999)
- BUGFIX: Sort labels in ‘Add new torrent’ dialog. Closes #1150 #411. (sledgehammer999)
- LINUX: Fix build under Ubuntu 13.10 (sledgehammer999)
- LINUX: Make sleep and shutdown functions work on systemd’s logind (Faheem Pervez)
Installation and Configuration Instructions
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/qbittorrent-stable
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, you can install qBittorrent v3.1.4 by running the latest .exe from here and overwriting the existing installation.