SABnzbd is a free and open source newsgrabber that makes Usenet as simple and streamlined as possible by automating almost all tasks. It is a must-have companion for media center enthusiasts for apps such as CouchPotato to download movies and Sick Beard to download TV shows. This post introduces the recently released SABnzbd 1.0.1. The version 1.0.1 is a bugfix release to solve issues present in SABnzbd 1.0.0.
Table of Contents
What's New in SABnzbd 1.0.1?
SABnzbd 1.0.1 brings the following changes and improvements:
SABnzbd 1.0.1 (Apr-26-2016)
- Prevent creating orphan items in “incomplete” when deleting downloading jobs.
- Forced item with missing articles caused overflow into paused jobs
- Do QuickCheck even on files that would be removed by the Cleanup-list (problematic for RAR files).
- Fix “Download all par2 files” behavior
- Treat ambiguous numeric values as number of minutes for custom pause time.
- Accept MIME records that have only LF line endings (error in some third-party utilities)
- Fix PushOver support.
- Fix breaking Glitter bug with large script_log
- Fix issues with deleting jobs via the API
- Fix issue where Sonarr could not read using the History-API
- Increase default cache to 450M
- The pre-queue script can now return an accept value of 2, meaning immediate failure. (Useful for Sonarr.)
- Add start script for portable Windows installations
See the known issues in SABnzbd 1.0.0.
You can check the official announcement for SABnzbd 1.0.0 release here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, just download the latest .exe from here and install it as you would setup any program on Windows.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive Offer - only $3.99 per month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ 250 GB of SugarSync Secure storage included
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now