Transmission bittorrent is one of the most commonly used bittorrent softwares on Linux and Mac platforms for a long time. Compared to qBittorrent and Deluge, configuration of Transmission can be quite tricky but once done you have a very stable bittorrent client. This post introduces the recently released Transmission 2.82 update.
What’s New in Transmission 2.82
Transmission 2.82 brings several bugfixes and performance improvements. Listed below are the changes in this version:
- Fix webseed crash
- Fix crash when adding UDP trackers whose host’s canonical name couldn’t be found
- Fix crash when sending handshakes to some peers immediately after adding a magnet link
- Fix crash when parsing incoming encrypted handshakes when the user is removing the related torrent
- Add safeguard to prevent zombie processes after running a script when a torrent finishes downloading
- Fix “bad file descriptor” error
- Queued torrents no longer show up as paused after exiting & restarting
- Fix 2.81 compilation error on OpenBSD
- Don’t misidentify Tixati as BitTornado?
- Fix bug that had slow download speeds until editing preferences
- Fix crash that occurred in some cases after using Torrent > Set Location
- Fix crash where on_app_exit() got called twice in a row
- Fix 2.81 compilation error on older versions of glib
- Can now open folders that have a ‘#’ in their names
- Silence gobject warning when updating a blocklist from URL
- Qt 5 support
- Fix syntax error in index.html’s meta name=”viewport”
- Fix file uploading issue in Internet Explorer 11
Release announcement is available here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
3 Best Standalone Bittorrent Downloaders:
If you have not added the PPA repository yet, then add it first using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:transmissionbt/ppa
Then update your packages cache and upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Go ahead upgrade to Transmission 2.82 and experience the new fixes and improvements.