Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. It makes managing Apache, MySQL, NFS, SAMBA, and many other aspects of a Linux server available from the console or remotely. Learning Webmin can quickly become an asset to system administrators. This post introduces Webmin 1.810 update released on Aug 8th, 2016.
What’s New in Webmin 1.810 Release?
Since our last publication, covering the 1.801 release, Webmin introduced a few changes.
Webmin 1.810 release comes with followig minor fixes:
- Fixed a security bug in the new Authentic theme that could be exploited by non-root Webmin users.
- Added the Linux IPv6 Firewall module, contributed by Patrick Wahle.
- Added an option to the Webmin Configuration logging page for sending Webmin action log messages via email.
- Failed Webmin logins are now recorded and displayed in the actions log.
- More German, Norwegian and Catalan translation updates.
The complete changelog for the Webmin 1.810 release and other releases can be found here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to Webmin 1.801 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Enjoy administering your server using Webmin’s web interface.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive Offer - only $3.25/month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now