CouchPotato, is an awesome automatic movie downloader and organizer and a perfect companion for your XBMC media center. A new update (5af8fd0b) is now available for CouchPotato. This post describes the changes in the new CouchPotato 5af8fd0b update and provides instructions on how to update your CouchPotato.
What’s New in CouchPotato 5af8fd0b
CouchPotato 5af8fd0b update brings numerous fixes and improvements, some of which are listed below:
- Only skip data dir paths when updating source
- Make ubuntu init script executable so it can be symlinked to /etc/init.d
- Zero fill imdb ids found
- Allow imdb id with int of 4-7
- Use success when adding movies
- Remove SceneHD as we can’t login with captcha. fix #2146
- Detect Windows 8 tablets as touchdevice also.
- Whatever! #2283
- Flixter decode json before parsing. closes #2305
- No need to use disable check in automation
- Add category to renamer replacements. fix #2283
- Force unicode name for newznab. fix #2347
- Move and fix cleanreleases
- Revert “Make sure to untag downloading dir if it’s completed. fix #2341”
- Make sure to untag downloading dir if it’s completed. fix #2341
- Use json in flixter
- Plex endless loop when no clients connected
- Cleanup searcher and release checking
- Load lsb init-functions so that status_of_proc is available
- Make iframe https
- New clients added that aren’t in the current client cache now trigger a reload if the list isn’t “stale” yet.
- When notifications fail to send the client list is automatically reloaded in case the client address has changed.
- Cleaned up Plex notifications plugin.
- Make sure movies are removed from dashboard
- Fix releases missing from Snatched&Available
- Fix to Searcher.createReleases (media_id doesn’t exist yet)
- Fix to MovieSearcher.single to set default media type as types aren’t in develop yet.
- Fixed ResultList.append call to ‘movie.searcher.correct_movie’ instead of ‘searcher.correct_release’
- Updated rTorrent library – MethodError exceptions when calling group methods should be fixed.
- Updated rTorrent library and fixed call to MethodError.message (should be MethodError.msg) in _update_provider_group
- Updated rtorrent library – scgi fix for Python 2.6
- Make YIFY a imdbid search. fix #2323
- Import Media, not Movie. fix #2320
- Better year name guessing. #2323
- Updated rTorrent downloader options
- Updated rtorrent library to current master – scgi:// support
- Userscript styling fixes
- Userscript didn’t load properly
- Use Media for all Movie db actions
- Add tv branch column aliases
- Use movie instaid of media model
- Rename mediaplugin
- Remove refresh from movie media
- Move media refresh to media plugin
- Revert “TorrentBytes login url change. fix #2317”
- Move suggestions to movie folder
- Move search item to movie folder
- Make search work for multiple media types
- YIFY use IMDB id for search. fix #2313
- TorrentBytes login url change. fix #2317
- Check snatched with single query
- ILoveTorrents cleanup
- disabled by default
- improve resilience to retrieve description in get_more_info
- support getting more info.
- use a proper name, instead of the link
- torrents are found and appended to the results argument
- add new provider for ILT.
- Rename release.update to update_status
- [SabNZBd] Consider encrypted as failed
- Don’t use movie done status to check seeding
- fix log message
- Remove all empty folders
- fix colour order
- Set missing to ignored after 1 week
- Remove movie_dict/li>
- Update movie quality status colour and text
- Add missing status
- frontend release.update
- clean-up searcher
- Add release.update event
- Added directory option
|Newshosting||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||
$99.99 ($8.33 / month)
|UsenetServer||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, VPN||$9.99||$99.99 ($8.33 / month)|
|Eweka||>3000 days, unlimited, SSL, EU Servers||€7,50 (Special!!!)|
|For more plans that may fit your needs please read our Usenet plan selection guide.|
The complete list of changes and fixes in CouchPotato 5af8fd0b update is available here.
Installation and Configuration Instructions
There are many ways to update CouchPotato. If you installed from git following our Ubuntu installation guide, then you may
~/.couchpotato and issue
git pull command:
cd ~/.couchpotato git pull
You may also get the CouchPotato 5af8fd0b update by clicking “Update to Latest” from the settings menu or click on the update notification that appears on top of the screen (shown below).
On windows, you may also just choose to download the latest installer from CouchPotato website and install over existing installation.