Raspbmc is a minimal Linux distribution based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi. While Raspbmc offers great features, it has been found to fall behind on speed and fluidity compared to other media center OSes. This post introduces the recently released Raspbmc September update.
What’s New in Rasbpmc September Update
Raspbmc September update brings several fixes and improvements listed below. Some of the notable changes include speed improvements and inclusion of SABnzbd.
- New initramfs that can repair corruption when it occurs.
- UUID labels now also supported for USB volumes
- In October, we will switch to UUID labels for USB installs by default
- Raspbmc is now faster
- Thanks to popcornmix for the following XBMC changes:
- Fix for crash when bookmarking
- Dynamic range compression to boost center channel volume
- Speed improvement for opening movies library
- Fixed for compressed audio in stereo
- Bug fixes with JPEG parsing
- Avoid submitting too large audio buffers
- I’ve also added the following to XBMC:
- Windows Media Center PVR support in XBMC (thanks ‘krustyreturns’ for the client)
- 24 hour nightly builds resumed
- Linux 3.10 is now the long term kernel as supported by Greg Kroah-Hartman
- Added 1-wire module support as requested
- Fix for isochronous signal support which affected DVB adapters
- Improved DVB adapter support
- GSPCA webcam support
- Fix rsyslog issues
- New Boblight addon update fixes issues with refresh rate changes
- Fix a bug where secure-rmc can cause high CPU usage
- Fix a bug where failed kernel update results in no WiFi
- Silence md5sum checks when updating
- Downclock CPU frequency when updating to minimise likelihood of corruption
- Synchronous writeback on vfat to reduce corruption
- Wake On LAN support allows Raspbmc to wake a remote system before XBMC starts
- sabnzbd newsgroup reader available in Raspbmc Settings
- Updated standalone image and NOOBS images
Here is the link to the official Raspbmc September update release announcement.
Best Android TV Boxes:
That is it. Enjoy the Raspbmc September update.