Emby is an application useful to set up and manage your own media center, and connecting several devices within your network (or outside of it) to your home server, to stream media and enjoy your content wherever you are. In this regard it is similar to Plex, and you could compare both to find out their strong and weak points against each other. [Read: Plex vs Emby: A Comprehensive Comparison]
Emby lets you install plugins, in order for you to be able to get interesting content. You can also enjoy your media library collection, and there are options to do it even if you are not at home. Some of the plugins let you listen to radio stations around the world, such as the TuneIn Radio Emby Plugin. Others let you look at videos in popular sites; this is the case of the Vimeo Emby Plugin. You can control Emby through a variety of devices, including your Kodi HTPC, with the Emby addon for Kodi.
Table of Contents
What’s New in Emby Server 3.0.5911 Release?
The Emby Server 3.0.5911 Release contains new features, improvements that make Emby more stable, and bugfixes. Multi-Tuner support has been added to Emby in this release.
Other changes in Emby Server 3.0.5911 release
- Fix opus sync conversion
- Improve handling of people image download failures
- Fix MovieDb image providers not supporting all languages
- Ipv6 fix
- Fix subtitles in Microsoft Edge
- Fix subtitles with Samsung DLNA
- Fix tvdb episode fetch by absolute numbering
- Resolve issue with movie metadata download
- Add MovieDb as an episode metadata provider
- Support MovieDb pt-BR
- Update detail screen layout
- Support single MovieDb id in nfo’s
- Improve database performance
Since the release of Emby Server 3.0.5911, a new version has been released with minor bugfixes and corrections.
Changes on Emby Server 3.0.5912 release
- Fix safari loading issue
- Fix alphabet picker not working on some screens in Emby web app
- Fix trailers m issing from some Emby apps
- Support m2ts direct play with WDTV Live DLNA
- Support music dynamic images
You can read more about these changes in the Emby Blog website. If you’re interested in finding out the best Emby client device, you could take a look at the best Plex client devices to get an idea of what to look for in an Emby client device.
Best Plex Client Devices:
Install or upgrade Emby Server
You can follow the instructions in our guide to install Emby Server on Windows, if you use that operating system. Alternatively, stay tuned for more guides to install Emby in other operating systems: it can be installed on Linux, NAS Devices, MacOS or freeBSD.
Enjoy managing and streaming your media with Emby Server!