There are many options to take control of your media player device. One of the most attractive ones is to install an app on your smartphone and use it as a remote. There are two well-known remote apps. One of these is Kore, the official Kodi remote. The other one is Yatse, the XBMC/Kodi remote. You should compare Kore vs Yatse if you want to know which one would be better for you. However, in this post, we will tell you about an upcoming update to Kore Android remote app. We would have thought development for this app was halted, but nothing farther from the truth. Now a new version is close, and brings many interesting features. [Read: Guide: How to install Kore remote app for Kodi?]
What's new in Kore Android remote app v2.1.0?
An improved library sync, and support for playing Vimeo URLs are among the features that this new iteration of Kore remote for Kodi. You can also navigate addons now right from your phone. This adds another level of comfort to your Kodi experience. There is still no on-screen keyboard, but this is easily overcome by using a wireless HTPC keyboard device.
Best Wireless HTPC and Android TV Box Keyboards:
- Logitech K410 Living-Room Wireless Keyboard with Built-In Touchpad - $37.75
- Logitech Illuminated K830 HTPC Wireless Keyboard and Touchpad - $69.99
- iPazzPort KP-810-10AS Wireless Mini Keyboard Remote with Touch - $15.99
- Rii i8+ 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad - $22
- LYNEC C120Pro Mini Wireless Gyro Remote Keyboard Mouse - $13
Here's the list of changes included in Kore Android remote app v2.1.0, taken directly from the official Kodi website.
- Add songs tab on Music section and Artist section and support for showing songs without album or artist
- Add add-on browsing has now been made easy as you can navigate the add-ons from your phone and start the videos
- Show artist details when an artist is selected from the list
- New option: pause playing when in a phone call (requires permission to phone state on Android versions < 6.0)
- New option: keep the remote above the lockscreen
- Support for playing Vimeo URLs
- Improve library syncing
- Various UI tweaks
- Bug fixes
So, you know, if you want to enjoy the increased options to enjoy your streams, and control them from the comfort of your couch, try Kore Remote App today. It is free and will add convenience to your Kodi usage. Enhance the content of your Kodi media center with the 20 best Kodi addons, or turn it into a casual gaming center with one of these 10 best Kodi gaming addons you didn't know about. Follow our guides and articles for a better Kodi experience!