phpMyAdmin is an awesome web-based database management tool. Learning phpMyAdmin can come in very handy for bloggers and web-developers. This post introduces the recently released phpMyAdmin 4.1.2 update.
What's New in phpMyAdmin 4.1.2
phpMyAdmin 4.1.2 is a bugfix release. A few highlights include:
- bug #4178 Quick edit for BIT type does not work
- bug #2760 Warn about incomplete exports
- bug #4190 Fractional seconds cause row update even if the value is not changed
- bug #4170 Overflow scroll for table grid is not a good solution
- bug #2961 Relations settings not updated on config change
- bug #4187 SQL query inline edit doesn't post changes on the first run
- rfe #1465 Docs for connections to IPv6 only MySQL instances
- rfe #1468 [interface] No floating for server breadcrumb menu
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.1.2 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
That's it. Enjoy administering your databases using phpMyAdmin's web interface.