phpMyAdmin is an awesome web-based database management tool. Learning phpMyAdmin MySQL administration can come in very handy for bloggers and web-developers. This post introduces the recently released phpMyAdmin 4.2.9 update.
What's New in phpMyAdmin 4.2.9
phpMyAdmin 4.2.9 comes with few minor fixes:
- bug ajax.js responseHandler: cannot read property of null
- bug sql.js: str is undefined
- bug #4524 Allow for direct selection of "0" on the "user overview" page
- bug #4529 Undefined index: pos
- bug #4523 tbl_change.js: insert as new row submit type on multiple selected records does not set all AUTO_INCREMENTs to 0 value
- bug ajax.js responseHandler: another "cannot read property"
- bug tbl_structure.js "cannot read property"
Installation and Configuration Instructions
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to phpMyAdmin 4.2.9 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
That's it. Enjoy administering your databases using the improved web interface of phpMyAdmin 4.2.9.