Raspbmc is a minimal Linux distribution based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi. While Raspbmc offers great features, it has been found to fall behind on speed and fluidity compared to other media center OSes. This post introduces the recently released Raspbmc August update.
What's New in Rasbpmc August Update
Raspbmc August update brings several fixes and improvements listed below:
- Support for Raspberry Pi’s with Micron memory to installer
- Re-added support for Dual Audio (simultaneous analog and HDMI output)
- Fixed some issues where some settings were not applied properly:
- GPU and CPU temperature display
- Cache buffer size (would have caused streaming issues)
- Number of background worker threads (could have caused crashes)
- Resolution of fanart (could have caused OOM on the VideoCore)
- Thanks to popcornmix for his usual contributions:
- Fix for visualisations in XBMC
- Fix for adjusting video settings during playback
- Fix for seeking issues with DVD and online content
- Fix for issues with OGG playback
- Fix for the buffering regression when playing files with (unused) TrueHD audio (may help other files)
- Properly fix issue with SSIDs that have spaces in their name
- Reduce installation and update time by making kernel header installation optional via Raspbmc Settings
- Fix a kernel updating bug with NOOBS installations
- If MD5 hash fails on kernel update, then Raspbmc will try and update the kernel again on the next boot
- Updated standalone image to August release to save update time and ensure absolute package freshness
Here is the link to the official Raspbmc August update release announcement.
Best Android TV Boxes:
That is it. Enjoy the Raspbmc August update.