XBMC is an awesome multi-platform media center application that has become the software of choice for most media HTPCs. The slew of XBMC devices XBMC devices coming up for sale is a testimony to its greatness and growing popularity. This post introduces the recently released XBMC 12.3 Frodo fixes.
What's New in XBMC 12.3
XBMC 12.3 is a bugfix release. A few highlights include:
- OSX 10.9 Maverick fixes that appeared when it was release
- update PVR addons
- several PVR related bugs
- memory leaks
- audio channel mapping
- possible crash on progress dialog
- and more
The original release announcement can be found here and the complete changelog for XBMC 12.3 can be found here.
Best Android TV Boxes:
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro Home Media Server - $199.99
- Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player - $89.99
- WeTek Play 2 Hybrid Media Center - $134.00
- Kukele Octacore Android TV Box - $179.99
- U2C Android TV Box - $95.99
If you followed our installation guide for Ubuntu, then you can upgrade to XBMC 12.3 using the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
On Windows, you can install XBMC 12.3 by running the latest .exe from here and overwriting the existing installation. That's it. Update and enjoy.