Raspbmc is a minimal Linux distribution based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi. While Raspbmc offers great features, it has been found to fall behind on speed and fluidity compared to other media center OSes. This post introduces the recently released Raspbmc June update 2014.
What's New in Raspbmc June Update 2014
Raspbmc June update brings several fixes and improvements listed below. It also now includes a basic built-in browser. The major changes, fixes, and improvements are listed below:
- XBMC 13.1 final with a ton of fixes for some of the bugs introduced in Gotham:
- Fix resume point of certain PVR items
- Fix issues with UPNP
- Fix crash after AirPlay finishes
- Fixes for FLAC tracks with embedded images
- Fixes for M4A and MP4 playback
- Fix a minor memory leak
- Use a unique client broadcast ID in the PVR API
- Some fixes for improving support using external soundcards (HifiBerry and iqAudio), see this thread here
- Reverted to ext4 as the default filesystem for Raspbmc. ext4 provides better data redundancy and is more compatible with Linux systems for those wishing to backup or transfer data.
- Fix issue where XBMC will keep telling user a new version is available.
- Fixes for some issues with 3D content
Here is the link to the official Raspbmc June update release announcement.
Best Android TV Boxes:
How to Install Raspbmc
That is it. Enjoy the Raspbmc June update.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive Offer - only $3.99 per month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ 250 GB of SugarSync Secure storage included
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now