After editing over 200 files, 3000 lines of code, and 150 hours of hard work I am happy to announce the release of AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0. Many have praised the AtoMiC ToolKit for how easy it makes managing apps such as CouchPotato, SickBeard, Torrent clients, and more. After the initial release in April 2015, it was updated in October 2015 to add Headphones and Mylar support and January 2016 with a completely rewritten code and Webmin support. A Now, the bigger and better AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0 now sports a GUI (sort of) menu that is easy to navigate and choose actions you want to perform. Take a look for yourself in the screenshots below.
AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0 Features
- Works on Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server, and other Ubuntu variants including Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, and more
- Almost entirely automated
- Very little commandline work
- User- and newbie-friendly
- One-stop shop for installing and managing home server and HTPC apps
- Reset forgotten WebUI passwords
- Makes moving apps between different computers easier
- Correctly sets required permissions for trouble-free operation
- And best of all its FREE! (please consider donating if toolkit helps you.
The following apps are now fully supported: Install, Uninstall, Backup, Restore, Reset Password, Manually Update and View Access Details.
- Sick Beard – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- SickRage – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- SickGear – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- Sonarr (formerly NzbDrone) – Install, Uninstall, Update, and Backup / Restore
- CouchPotato – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- Transmission WebUI – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- qBittorrent WebUI – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- SABnzbd+ – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- Headphones – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- HTPC Manager – Install, Uninstall, Update, and Backup / Restore
- Mylar – Install, Uninstall, Reset Password, Update, and Backup / Restore
- Webmin – Install, Uninstall, Update, and Backup / Restore
My hope is to add support for the following: Planned – Plex, Deluge, ShellInABox, Emby, Monit, Apache, MySQL, nzbHydra, MusicBrainz, NZBGet, RTorrent/RUTorrent, etc. in future. Ultimately, I would like the ToolKit to allow automatically setting up the whole ecosystem for you.
Complete Guide to Setting Up a Home Server on VirtualBox Virtual Machine:
- Install VirtualBox - Windows 7/8/10 / Ubuntu/Debian
- Install VirtualBox Extension Pack - Linux and Windows Host
- Install Guest OS on Virtual Box - Ubuntu Server
- Install VirtualBox Guest Additions - Windows Guest / Linux Guest
- Update VirtualBox Guest Additions - Windows Guest / Linux Guest
- Setup VirtualBox Shared Folder - Windows and Linux
- Mount VirtualBox Shared Folder - Windows Guest / Ubuntu Guest
- Access USB Drive on VM - Windows and Linux Guest
- Configure Home Server on VirtualBox - Ubuntu Server
Downloading / Installing AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0
Downloading and using AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0 is the easy part. Just issue the following commands in sequence and you should be ready to roll.
$ sudo apt-get -y install git-core $ git clone https://github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit $ cd ~/AtoMiC-ToolKit $ sudo bash setup.sh
Just choose the option you want to pursue and sit back, relax, and watch the magic that happens in front of you. You may come back and run the AtoMiC script any time you want to do any operation. Watch it in action in the video below.
Support AtoMiC ToolKit Development
Introducing new features is a lot of work. So if you know bash and can help with coding, then please consider collaborating with us on GitHub.
We have put in several hundred hours of work into developing AtoMiC ToolKit. If it helped you please consider donating. All donations will be used only for AtoMiC ToolKit development. We hope you enjoy the all new AtoMiC ToolKit 2.0.
IPVanish VPN Exclusive Offer - only $3.99 per month:
Windows, Android, Ubuntu
OSMC on RPi
♦ Hide your browsing (no logs), Anonymize Streaming and Downloads
♦ Circumvent Geo/Country Restrictions and access worldwide content
♦ Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, and more
♦ 250 GB of SugarSync Secure storage included
♦ Money back guarantee - Sign Up Now